Host an Intern or Apply for Open Positions in the ARMA Pittsburgh Area
Current Open Positions:
Practice Management Attorney
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Location: Wheeling, WV
Orrick currently has an excellent opportunity in our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, WV for a Practice Management Attorney.
The Practice Management Attorney will work with Practice Management Counsel to develop, document and implement practice and case management tools and strategies for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of legal services. The Practice Management Attorney will also support Practice Management Counsel in connection with the firm’s case management system and the Records and Information Governance Department, and other practice management efforts.
• Develop the policies, procedures and workflows necessary to implement and support the firm’s initiatives to enhance and streamline practice and case management. This will include, but will not be limited to:
• Developing policies, processes, workflows, implementation and training materials related to the terms and implementation of the firm’s formal electronic matter file protocol (O-Files).
• Developing all materials related to the utilization and expansion of the firm’s case management system.
• Developing and updating the firm’s records and information governance policies, workflows and standard operating procedures.
• Developing the documentation necessary to implement new strategies and systems to streamline Orrick’s legal practices and ensure that practice groups utilize resources available to them.
• Develop training materials on practice and case management tools, strategies and initiatives for all levels of attorney and staff at the firm, and conduct training.
• Support Practice Management Counsel in the operations of the firm’s case management system and the Records and Information Governance department.
• Understand lawyer and staff workflows, legal processes and firm technologies, and assist with the development and design of best practices, tools, technologies and other programs to enhance efficiency.
• Understand the firm’s available resources, and assist with the development and design of best practices, tools and other programs to connect case teams to such resources.
Intern Positions Wanted for Records Management Field Experiences – The University of Pittsburgh wishes to know of any opportunities you can offer for its students pursuing career options while progressing towards their degrees in undergraduate and graduate studies in Library and Information Sciences with a specialization in Archives, Preservation and Records Management. Opportunities that can expose them to career fields in records management and archives for which you are studying while at the same time assisting you in performing the tasks that support your mission. Examples of areas that will better prepare their students to build their professional resumes include records and archival appraisal, retention schedule development, fundraising, outreach and communications, web and SharePoint design, data entry and database administration. If interested, please submit your contact, internship duties, and requirements you require for considering an intern (Curriculum vitae, referrals, coursework, skills, etc.) to Prof. Alison Langmead at email@example.com or 412/648-2407. Or contact JoAnn Kavalukas at 412-624-1422 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a list of other sponsoring professors. For more information on interns from University of Pittsburgh’s iSchool click on Intern Field Experience. Pitt Partner Program for Interns – Additionally, consider making your organization a Partner Host Institution. In a select number of cases, the iSchool will offer a partial tuition scholarship to Partners students: a 10-hour-per-week placement may also carry a 3-credit tuition scholarship. If interested, fill out a Partner host site application found on right menu bar here: http://www.ischool.pitt.edu/lis/partners/partners-info.php. Applications are due to iSchool January 15. Questions? Contact JoAnn Kavalukas at 412-624-1422 or email@example.com For more information on Pitt Partner Program, click on Pitt Partners Program.
- The Pittsburgh Chapter of ARMA presents resumes and job openings as a courtesy for the Records and Information Management Community.